Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 17. syyskuuta 2008

Inspired by Felix


Today I'm in the mood for orange. Actually it's not my favorite colour, but there is now many inspiring things that makes me to sew something from orange fabrics.




For example autumn, which is colouring the leaves with every shades of reds (therefore I like autumn), my embroidery scissors (have been without holder about 20 years) and of course Lynette's sweet kitty, Felix. She is our designer in this week.


Recently Lynette has given me a lot of pleasures in stitching. I have stitched all seven blocks from Noah's Ark BOM. It really seems that I'm great fan of her;)



This Noah's Ark will be my first 'real' redwork. I'm stitching it with DMC's stranded cotton (115) and if you look the rainbow more closely there is few strands pearlescent (E5200) and satin (S321) threads - also from DMC.

I haven't yet choose the fabrics, but at this moment I'm planning there might be some red/white with grey or black/white fabrics.

PS. Caddy is almost ready, only the binding is absence... SEE You!!!

6 kommenttia:

Lynette Anderson kirjoitti...

Your scissor holder looks great. I really like the loop that you have added at the back so you can hang it from that very cute basket.

Susan kirjoitti...

Hello Satu--I came over from Lynette's blog. You are an amazing stitcher--love the Noah's Ark in Redwork. I want to make a Dear Jane but will have to wait until the first of next year to start.

Nicki kirjoitti...

Your Kitty holder looks wonderful and I adore your redwork version of Noah's Ark. I love red too! I'm very new at quilting but will keep visiting your blog for inspiration :)

Annette kirjoitti...

I love how you did all your stitcher's angel projects. Very nice work and pretty fabric choices.

Helen kirjoitti...

Hi Satu--I came over from Lynette's blog too. I love our scissor holder and glad that you used Felix as an inspiration. Thanks for the tip about the Dear Jane quilt. I've been thinking about it but now maybe I will look for a class too.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I LOVE your blog! You are working on some great projects, and I am working on some of these too :o)