Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 21. helmikuuta 2010

Mail Delivery

February 21, 1861
Hannah Walton Sanders wrote in her diary

Another nice day, rather cold. richard came down this morning expecting a letter from Smythe County, but we were dissappointed...
(quote from Civil War Diary Quilt book / Rosemary Youngs)

In southern Finland the day was rather cold too. The wind blows and it snows. So it was much more convenient to stay inside and sew.

From these fabrics stripes I paperpieced the next CWD block:

white is ? Benartex's Mayflower Muslin ?
dark turqoise is Paula Barnes' Bonnie Blue Basics
cream is R. Kaufman's 'Life's Journey'


Block 35. Mail Delivery


Do you agree with me that it looks like the geeses are delivering the letters?

I was so delighted when I found that Kaufman's fabric from my stash. It made this block almost purrfect... if I may say so...

Now I'm going to take a break from CWD blocks. I'm back with the new one on the week number 10 - blocks are 77 and 78.

1 kommentti:

Karen kirjoitti...

I would say it is perfect!