Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

sunnuntai 9. tammikuuta 2011

Civil War Quilts: North Star


Besides I was sewing Friendship stars for Mon ami, I made second block for Barbara's CW quilt. Barbara is telling very interesting stories on her blog - I just love to read it! For example this block has been published under many names, including Aunt Eliza’s Star, Variable Star or Sawtooth star.

When I first met this star, it was translated to finnish Kannuksenpyörä (the Rowel). I read about it from the book Tilkkutöitä ja tikkauksia (in english Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!!) written by Diana Mcclun and Laura Nownes in 1988. I bought it early years of 1990's and it was my FIRST quilt book!

HAPPY sewing SUNDAY!
Greetings from Fenix too;)
- he is relaxing on my... hm... OUR bed -

3 kommenttia:

Cheryl kirjoitti...

I taught beginner quilt piecing using that book!! A great resource. How did you pick up the square to place your BB blocks in?? Do I need EQ7?

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

Happy sewing Sunday to you too!
I always love how you make your collage pictures on your blog!
I'm going over to the link you gave!

Jamie kirjoitti...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time. You are quite talented, thank you for sharing your gift and interests! The book you mention was also the first quilt book I learned from, but I am not as productive as yourself. ha!