Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 11. elokuuta 2011

More SBS News...

  HAPPYHello again!
We have had so much fun in sewing room... if you stay a while and scroll ahead you'll know, what we have dealt with...

Actually Fenix is not laughing in this photo, but he is finishing his loooong yarn, while he was sorting those fabric triangles. Anyway I think he looks very happy;)

After King's Star and all the positive comments, I sewed four more SBS blocks. Now, if I'll sew one block in a week, all the rest of the blocks are sewed by the beginning of December;) There is ONLY 15 blocks ahead... (I'm happy dancing here ----)

One thing, which spurs me on is that I have finally found a nice sashing fabric. I'll add the cornerstones too - Thanks Anne Ida, for the idea you gave me;)  
I ended up to use the darker (grayish purple) fabric.



The other very spuring thing is that there is more and more areas where all the surrounding blocks are done. The picture is from the upper left corner of the quilt... (the whole quilt is on the sidebar)
I also took a 'huge dancing' step with the Tis the Season quilt, 
all the block are stitched and pieced together. 
Now I'm planning the borders... 

...and dancing more happily;)))

 For a long time I have wanted to sew these Short Story blocks. Short story is one of the quilts, which is designed by Carrie Nelson. And the pattern is in her 'Schnibbles Times Two' book.

Those tiny 1" blocks are pieced from the left overs of one Short Story block. Am I too stingy 'dancer'? I just couldn't discard them... they also turned out so cute...

Before the third block of the Designer Mystery BOM is arriving I did the second block.  
(I'm dancing in the rai...happiness;)))

It's designed by Pam Buda and called "Promise of Spring". Every time I'm dealing with those beautiful Strawberry Fields fabrics, it feels like I'm in a sewing heaven... or something...


Maybe I have overdosed with Q -vitamin... because my words are becoming more and more peculiar... but there is one thing...

My mother asked me to create something for her friend, who is celebrating her 80's soon. The cross-stitched pink rose is stitched by my mom. 
In the end
I'm happy (dancing again) that I have inherited some of her genes;)))

Till next time... 
Happy dancingStitches to you all!!!

PS. Christelle: I only know few quiltshops in Finland. They are all here in south part of F. I can post you some address, if you like, but I don't know your email...

7 kommenttia:

Christine kirjoitti...

What a lovely post. I LOVE your Tis the Season quilt ... the colours of the stitcheries are delightful and I love your fabrics too.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Hello Satu,
you have been soooo busy and have made such great progress! You can really be happy about that.
Thanks for the nice pictures, it really gets me inspired to get some sewing done.
KATRIN W.

Dolores kirjoitti...

Oh my, you will be dancing for a very long time. Busy, busy is what you've been. Good for you. Now, to celebrate.

Christelle kirjoitti...

Sorry I tried to send a private message but it did work.
My adress is christelle.taquet@gmail.com we are suppose to drive 2000 km in 10 days thanks to put a quiltshop on my road :)
Love your work today differents style, I like that.

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

It has certainly gotten to you. You have been working on some amazing projects. I can imagine there is a lot of dancing going around at your place with Fenix. That mojo of yours is really back (o:
Have a lovely dancing and happy weekend.

Tilkunviilaaja kirjoitti...

Your cat is really photogenic and seems to keep you good company when you quilt. That's so nice! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

very nice projects,well done