Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 16. syyskuuta 2011

An Easy Brain Training

Have you remembered to train your brain lately?

A good, deep sleep is very useful for them... but may I tell you,
how a patch addictive person - like me - will train her brain in the rain.... 
oh, those words are rhyming nicely ;) 
All you have to do is...

1. Choose an easy or difficult sudoku.
Be sure it's easy enough that you are able to solve it!

2. So solve it :o)... 
This is fun! Do you feel how your brains are working and enjoying?

 3. After that choose nine different fabrics. Cut them in squares - 9 squares of each fabric. Mine are this time 1 1/2" squares.

I also numbered each pile of fabric to 1 till 9. This way it's easier to follow and find right fabrics for the right places...


The funny rainy day is continueing...

 OH, Fenix woked up to solve his problem, and training his brain differentially...
thinking
- which fabric is matching with these flying geeses????
Please, would you be so nice and help him...
- what do you think about this black grounded fabric?

... now back to the theme...
4. Use the solved sudoku as a pattern for your 9 -patch blocks. 

Sew all nine 9 -patch blocks...

... and when they are all done, piece them together... following the sudoku pattern.
EASY PEASY;)
and your brains got a good (morning) training!
Sorry, I'm in the rhyme mood today ;o)

Well, now I'm exercising my brains little more...

... shall I piece these 9- patches straight together or...
shall I use the narrow sashings???
Would you, please, help again?

 With this tale
we wish you a nice "training" weekend;)

5 kommenttia:

Simone de Klerk kirjoitti...

What a lovely idea to train your brain! I would go for the sashing. makes it more interesting.
A lovely weekend to you and Fenix! xo

Cheryl kirjoitti...

I use word and number puzzles to tease my brain too!

Karen kirjoitti...

I think the black fabric is perfect Fenix and I like the narrow sashing between the 9-patch blocks.

Tilkunviilaaja kirjoitti...

Nice Sudoku blocks! If you want your Sudoku quilt to look as much like Sudoku as possible, leave out the sashing. But if that is not a priority, then use the sashing (I agree with Simone, the sashing would make the blocks more interesting).

The black fabric does look good with the flying geese but if I were you, I'd audition a white fabric as well.

DAWNIE kirjoitti...

what is it with cats they always pick the best places. I am in the Secret santa 2011 and am doing a bit of blog hopping so thought I would drop in and say - should be fun.