Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 4. elokuuta 2012

Pets on Quilts Show


Hello all Pets on Quilts all over the world!!!

  My name is Fenix and
I'm the one and the only Quilt Inspector here at the Quilttales.
 Today I would like to tell and show you about my very important role in Satu's beloved hobby.

As you know the first very important thing is that the sewing thread is correctly inserted in the machine... 

 
 ... purr-pur! Oh, my gosh!! It seems that Satu has forgotten the whole sewing thread!

 The next step to the beautiful quilts is different kind of blocks.

My favorite block pattern is - purr-maybe - the flying geese. Sometimes Satu has difficulties to arrange the blocks the correct way, luckily I'm here to advise her.

 
 Sometimes she needs a (little) help in quilting process too.

And when the quilt is quilted and binded...

... I have to inspect it visually
   
 and of course... physically.
 
 Am I on the catwalk now?

Sometimes I'm asked to be a model for Satu's creation...

Purr-pssst! 
Don't tell anyone... this appliqued cat block is not designed by Satu, but it's designed by Annie Downs. And it's one block for My favorite things quilt.

After all I purr-think it's quite fun to be a quilter's cat. You never know what you see or feel tomorrow...

 ... Purr-look there is butterflies!!!

36 kommenttia:

Loris kirjoitti...

Fun cat log! The quilts are beautiful and so is Fenix! Hard working assistant!

May Britt kirjoitti...

Purr purr from Rusken (my cat) to your cat :) A cat needs a lot of quilts to sleep on.

Teresa F. kirjoitti...

Wonderful quilts and the most beautiful cat. My dog also loves to be my quilt inspector.

♥GiuGiu♥ kirjoitti...

purrr purrrrrrrr from my cat Patch !

beautiful! ^_^

Michele T kirjoitti...

Very sweet kitty - steals the show! Love your quilts too!

Joanna kirjoitti...

Fenix, you are gorgeous. I'm sure you are a great help to Satu.

Unknown kirjoitti...

tus trabajos son una preciosidad, pero yo me he enamorado de tu gato, besos.

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads kirjoitti...

Thank you so much Fenix, you're one amazing quilt assistant! I think I will have to show this story to my little furry friends...they could learn a lot from you!

Vroomans' Quilts kirjoitti...

How fun and delightful - or, purrfect!

SewCalGal kirjoitti...

Oh what a fun post. Truly one of my absolute favorite posts/entries in the Pets on Quilts Show.

Satu may want to try out for the Cat Olympics. Definitely great on the balancing act (on top of sewing machine). While a great supervisor and "comfy" tester of your quilts, Satu definitely shows above average signs of balance and agility.

And I enjoyed your beautiful quilts too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Lyndsey kirjoitti...

A great cat must be a help with making those delightful quilts.

Jen kirjoitti...

Hello Satu , Your Fenix is amazing he is such a help to you.I love him. Now I know how you make such beautiful Quilts

Needled Mom kirjoitti...

Fenix is a beautiful cat who loves beautiful quilts.

Agnes B. Bullock kirjoitti...

Beautiful quilts- your supervisor certainly knows his stuff!

Cattinka kirjoitti...

What a great cat you have!
KATRIN W.

Gene Black kirjoitti...

Fenix is adorable -and such a good worker!

quiltmom anna kirjoitti...

Fenix knows his way around the sewing machine- perhaps he should come to my house to help me when I have problems threading my machine. I am sure he could solve my challenges with my machine.
He is one gorgeous purr ball. Thanks for sharing his adventures.
Regards from Western Canada,
Anna

Lotta kirjoitti...

Heippa! Löysin tää "pets On Quilt" party juttu sun sivulta :) Ja nyt me ollaan myös Liljan kanssa mukana. Ihana Felix kissa sulla on!

satunNainen Paula kirjoitti...

Hah, mainio postaus!! :o)

Dana Gaffney kirjoitti...

Cute, cute post! Fenix is a beautiful kitty and you're lucky to have so much help.

Dolores kirjoitti...

Made me smile. I think Fenix needs a treat for his wonderful assistance and his ability to post on your blog.

SpartanBabe kirjoitti...

Fenix, you crack me up! Thanks for sharing your duties and keeping Satu straight. :o)

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Your story made me smile

Karen kirjoitti...

Oh Fenix, you are the best! My sister's are on a cruise and they stop in Helsinki today, very exciting!

QuiltSue kirjoitti...

What a helpful cat you are Fenix, and so beautiful too.

Missy Shay kirjoitti...

I enjoyed your post! Your Fenix looks like my Tiger.

Elizabeth E. kirjoitti...

Fenix is gorgeous! You're very lucky to have such a helpful kitty.

Snoodles kirjoitti...

Fenix is so cute! Thanks for joining in our Pets on Quilts party!

Rebeckah Austin kirjoitti...

He is gorgous! Is he part Meincoon by the way?

Sarcastic Quilter kirjoitti...

This is a well-written post. I love the catwalk! :)

My Sister Made Me Do It.... kirjoitti...

Fenix, I think you are a "Purr-fectly" great inspector and beautiful Kitty! What lovely things you and your owner make!

Mhairi kirjoitti...

Love the quilt inspector and the quilts.

Marianne kirjoitti...

Oh my, that kitty really gets into the entire quilt process!

heartsease54 kirjoitti...

What a fun post, you have a wonderful helper!

CaroleM kirjoitti...

Love the picture of Fenix peeking through the machine. I like your quilts too!

Diane Wild kirjoitti...

Cute kitty. I'm sure he's a wonderful helper. Fun post.