Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

tiistai 19. helmikuuta 2013

Diamond-Hearted Stars

I'm here again!

Before I show you my latest stars, I would like to give you a hint to visit at Grit's blog.

She gathered all the star maker's together and there is  the gorgeous star quilts / blocks parade on her blog.

Ever since I finished the Nested Ohio Star for Oh, my Star quilt, I have been thinking to replace it some other star.

Yesterday I decided to fix it and it became a 12" Diamond-Hearted Star. I 'm pretty sure now, I made a right decision, when I decided to change nested Ohio star...


If you are sewing Diamond-Hearted Stars with these instructions, you'll get 4 HST units as side-products. Very clever, I think!

I'm planning to use them as the center pieces for the 8" or 4" star blocks.

 Diamond-Hearted Star in three sizes: 12", 8" and 4". Yes, my quilt needs more of these;o)
  
I have now sewn 33 stars: 6 x 12", 9 x 8" and 18 x 4"...
... and I also made the other important decision...
My quilt will be lap size quilt...
for it I have to sew yet 6 x 12", 11 x 8" and 34 x 4" blocks.

I'm not sure, when I'll be back with the next stars, 
because on Thursday I'm going to go to the hospital for a 'small' surgery. If all goes fine, I'm back home on Friday or Saturday, but I don't know, how painful I feel myself then...

But until next time...
I wish you Plenty of Happy Stitching Moments!!!

PS. Did you notice a new quilt along logo at the upper part of the sidebar. It's a Friendship blog hop, where the Moda Designers will be sharing friendship block patterns. You'll find the schedule of the blog hop here.

7 kommenttia:

Dolores kirjoitti...

I love your stars. Still a long way to go it seema. Good luck with the surgery. I hope Fenix will take good care of you.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Voi että tykkään tähdistäsi! Minulla on kai tuota samaa vihreää unikkoa, alunperin se oli silityslaudan päällinen, jonka nappasin parempaan käyttöön. Toivon sinulle onnistunutta sairaalakeikkaa sekä pikaista ja kivutonta toipumista.

Dee kirjoitti...

Good luck with your surgery! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Anne-Mettes Oaser kirjoitti...

Beautiful green stars, makes me think of spring.
Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully you will be home friday and wiil recovery quickly.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Hello Satu,
your new stars look good, I want to make some of those for my quilt also.
I hope everything will go well in the hospital and wish you all the best and a quick recovery. Talk to you soon!
KATRIN W.

Dee kirjoitti...

Satu, Since I enjoy reading your blog so much, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. It's just a way to point out blogs that you enjoy following and to share a little information. Good luck with your surgery and recovery! http://www.mikeandgabby.com/2013/02/a-liebster-award.html

Jen kirjoitti...

Hello Satu, I hope you are home from hospital now and will soon be better. Take it easy. x