Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

maanantai 1. huhtikuuta 2013

Christmas Theme Embroideries

Does it sound odd to talk about Christmas in Spring / Easter time?
Not at all, if you look out and see this...

... a lot of snow at the backyard!

Anyway IT IS first of April 
and it 's time to start the next project in a SAL group.
I took a head start on Easter...
April's project is Bon Noel -wall hanging from Natalie Bird's Tis the Season booklet.

 To my own wall hanging I chose these three patterns.
If you are familiar with that book, you may notice, I did some changes to the stitcheries...

Mill Girl's quilt is progressed little since last time.
We have now pieced all the blocks together...

... and now we reflect the border.

 In the pattern the border is made of hour glass blocks...
I have those patches cut
... but something bothers me...
Do I like it? Is it too colorful or restless or flashy for my taste?
... if I use gray background, not cream...
Krr! I have only dark or mid grays in my stash.
... or shall I do other kind of border...
What about log cabin or stripe pieced border?

Well, it seems we reflect this more... and deeply ;o)

a HAPPY new WEEK to YOU all!!!

3 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

I wonder how you will solve the border problem on your quilt, I think I like the hour glass version best.
The stitcheries look very pretty, and you do still have a lot of snow, hope spring shows up soon!
KATRIN W.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Jouluprojektit on hyvä aloittaa ajoissa! Minusta tiimalasireunus ainakin kirjan kuvassa näyttää hyvälle, Mill Girl näyttäää tosi hyvälle keskentekoisenakin!

Tilkunviilaaja kirjoitti...

If you need to reflect on the border and Fenix does too, then you are right and should come up with something else! I'm sure you will be happier with another solution.