Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

lauantai 6. heinäkuuta 2013

BOM-holism...

... is it serious?
Maybe it is in that case, when you start a new BOM - again and again - even if you haven't finished the old ones!!
BUT who can resist the BOM, which is made of  'Avalon' , the newest fabric range of Fig Tree Quilts.

Here is the first block of 2013 Designer Mystery BOM. It is designed by Joanna Figueroa. She is also the lady behind 'Avalon' ;o)

My conscience began to bother me when I got #1 "Strawberry Picking" block ready... so much that I took up 2011 Designer Mystery blocks, which I had so far sewn. I found nine blocks...
Is this a slight sign of recovery?

There is three block patterns, which I didn't like enough. So back then in 2011 I decided to sew only nine blocks for my mystery quilt...
BUT there is ONE or two block patterns, which I like a LOT!
And because I have 'leftover' fabrics...

today I decided to sew more - at least one - of this kind of block. The block is called "Layered Daisy".
There is lot of pieces... so I'm not quite sure how long my enthusiasm will persist...

Well, I have now TEN 12" x 12" blocks;o)

Satu, maybe you should look for a clinic, which heals the bomholistic! Because I rather sleep on the finished quilt...

Don't tease me, Fenix!
Maybe we should talk about else now...

The next vintage schnibbles is not 'Plan C', which I secretly dreamed of...
... but it's 'Lincoln'. 
If you have Carrie Nelson's Another Bite of Schnibbles book, you will find the pattern there.
I love sewing those stars!

The finished star blocks are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". They are made with a triangle corners -method. Carrie used the same method in this pillow pattern, but she is calling it the connector-corner method.
 For making one star, you will need...
1 star center piece - 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
8 star point pieces - 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
From the background fabric... 
4 rectangles - 1 7/8" x 2 1/4"
4 squares - 1 7/8" x 1 7/8"
Draw a diagonal line from the corner to corner on the wrong side of star point squares. Place it on the corner of rectangle. Stitch along the marked line and trim. Repeat until you have stitched four star point units. The seam allowance where the two triangles overlap is wider than 1/4"...
 So the accuracy of star points is not so relevant today;o)

As you see I'm quite addicted to sew these small quilts (=Schnibbles) too... even I haven't yet finished the previous ones.
Should I search for a help?
No, I think this is not yet so serious;o)... or is it?

HAPPY SUNDAY to YOU!

4 kommenttia:

Cattinka kirjoitti...

It will all come to a good end, you are not too badly addicted jet, and I want to see more of these beautiful blocks, you always use such nice fabrics.
KATRIN W.

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Kiitos onnitteluista ja kommentistasi Happy Days-peittooni! Ihania blokkeja sinulla taas, ja nuo tähdet! Minä en ole päässyt (=ehtinyt) käyttää ostamaani hanhi-viivotinta testitähtiä lukuunottamatta, mutta ajatus tähdistä on kyllä tallella.

Luulin kommentoineeni edelliseen postaukseesi, mutta se ei kai jostain syystä tallentunutkaan. Yritin kysyä, miten käytät pieniä "quilteja", liinoina, seinävaatteina?

Karen kirjoitti...

I like the basket design made log cabin block style. An interesting block.

Jen kirjoitti...

I love the Avalon fabrics you chose, very pretty .You have plenty of enthusiasm Satu. I am sure you will have a beautiful quilt in no time.