Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

torstai 3. lokakuuta 2013

Stairway

Once again... it's that time of the month that we know, who is the designer of Aurifil's BOM.

In October she is Allison Harris from CluckCluckSew! I have followed her blog for a while and I like her fresh, simple and modern quilting style!!!

Her block's name is 'Stairway'... maybe you already guessed it... that a rock and roll song, which inspired her is Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'.
Oh, Robert! He is so... hmm... young in that video-clip!!!

It is a few years since the last time I heard that song... and listened my collection-cd of Led Zeppelin. I think I must tell you the reason why I haven't listened it... Because it rises all too much memories of my youth and of my friends (especially one) at the 80's. Then we all were young and happy(?)... but afterwards those memories turned not so golden... or actually THOSE memories remained the same...  but memories, which were related to that person blackened after two decades... and it felt that I should forget all, which reminds me of him including a wonderful music of Led Zeppelin!!!
That's life, why should I forget? Life is always filled with joys and sorrows!
Oh, this tale turned very personal outpouring... I didn't mean to... 
BUT isn't the main thing in quilting that we store our memories to our quilts!!!
So I better go and search for a fine precious stone (= a color theme) for my next Aurifil block;o)

... There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold ...

Tadaa, I found it!
I'm gonna introduce to you a watermelon tourmaline!!

Before this week... or block... I hadn't heard of any tourmaline (suomeksi turmaliini). It's a prized jewel. Tourmaline occurs in more shades than any other stone, from pale yellow to black. It's bright and colorful varieties are being used gems. Tourmaline facilitates the fatigue and anemia, as well as it increases the success and love. Hmm... Psychologically it helps to understand themselves and others...
I think a watermelon tourmaline block is an excellent addition to my precious stone quilt;o) 

... When we all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll...

.. and from now on I'm gonna listen LedZ more often;o)

Happy weekEND to you!!!

2 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Kaunis turmaliini! Ja englanninkieleinen nimi on hauska! Minulla on BOM vielä tekemättä, blokki vaikuttaa aika helpolle?

Sinta Renee kirjoitti...

It is a beautiful stone! Your aurifil block is great. I enjoy Cluck Cluck Sew patterns... and just saw that she has a line of fabrics released now too.