Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 20. marraskuuta 2013

Courthouse Steps... and UPS!...

...Sparklers!!!! Bling!

Now I do not mean that I would have fallen down the stairs of the courthouse and saw sparks. I have never been to the courthouse... and I hope I never be... So the sparks, which I saw were quite different...

Today our postman delivered the sixth block of the 2013 Designer Mystery BOM. And I had to sew it... HETI!... sofort!... forthwith! I guess my eyes sparkled all the time, when I sewed ;o) 

The block's name is "Sparklers". It's designed by Kate Spain.
I do not know, if it's just an illusion, but it seems to me that these blocks are becoming increasingly interesting month by month... I surely don't regret that I joined also this BOM!

Can you believe this BOM is already in a mid way? Time really rushes!!!
The first three blocks are BASKETs, the next three are STARs... 
uuuhhhrrr...., I'm thrilled... what is coming next....

BeFORE the postman visited, I sewed this week's Quilty Fun Sew Along blocks...

two Courthouse Steps - blocks!

If until now you've been wondering... am I crazy or what... and what do I write ... maybe you are now back on track in my mad funny tale...
Yes, these are those steps;o)

I did my steps with dotty fabrics... but I didn't want to make them as scrappy as Lori (& other Sew Alongers) has made.

Maybe I have said this many times earlier, but I use rarely bright colors... BUT after this Sew along I'll know what color therapy means! It feels SO good to watch and fiddle the fabrics... full of colors!!!!


Because I already warmed the machine B. for the sparkles, I sewed two 8" stars for my OH, My Stars -quilt.

Now I have ALL 12" and 8" star blocks ready! Only eleven 4" stars is undone.
OhMy... so close but still so far away from... the quilt...

Here's those all 8" stars!
Each star has the same white background fabric, but the light has altered so much, when I have photographed them, that's why the backgrounds are not similar in this collage...

Wishing you Quilty or Sparkling Fun time!!!

PS. Erehdyin eilen käymään Marimekon Outletissa, ja mukaanhan lähti palalaarista muutama palanen mm. tuota hurmaavaa Rati Riti Ralla -kangasta... Harmitti, kun ei ollut kuin pieniä paloja! Olisi aika veikeää essuna...

1 kommentti:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

Tähtikokoelmasi on tajuttoman hieno! Tuon Oh My Starsin kun joskus pääsisi näkemään ihan livenä. Olen tykännyt siitä aina ensimmäisistä tähdistä alkaen (vaikka en olekaan vihreän ylimmäinen ystävä). Marimekon outletit ovat - hmmm, vaarallisia paikkoja, mutta vaara houkuttaa. Mukavaa viikonloppua!