Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

perjantai 10. tammikuuta 2014

CWD: Lincoln's Telegraph

January 10, 1864 Eldress Nancy Elly Moore wrote in her diary: - We here in the Centre Family had a tolerable lively good feeling meeting and towards the close we all kneeled down in gratitude and thankfulness for the blessings and mercy of God administered to us poor unworthy creatures thro his agency; and especially for the President's merciful Telegraph dispatch to the Provost Marshal of Bowling Green - "If there is any religious community in your district who adjure the principles of War for conscientious motives, give them an indefinite Parole if any of them should be drafted." (quote from the book Civil War Diary Quilt by Rosemary Youngs)

At first I was going to show you how to sew the Civil War Diary block #28... but I found some difficulties during the sewing... with the dimensions! Yes, I was naive and silly, when I tried to draft those pieces... and not foundation pieced this block... like a good girl would do? Do you see, I'm still a bit frustrated with myself. Although I saw that there is again quite impossible measurements, for example 3 1/16", 1 11/16", 7/16" and so on. At least they are impossible for me, because I have no such an exact inch ruler.
Even the centimeters didn't save me today...

So it happened...
that first I cut too wide blue and brown strips (1 3/4")... then I sewed little bit wider seams (a bit over 1/4") ... then I noticed the block would become too small (6 1/4" x 6 1/4") ... I unpicked and again sewed normal (?) 1/4" seams. After all I didn't know what were wrong?... and what were my original dimensions?... I was totally confused!

So it would be better that I don't give you any instructions, because I can't guarantee to you that they are correct.
The only thing that I'm 95% sure is... the brown corner squares should be 1 3/8" x 1 3/8"... I guess?

But I took some pictures during my 'journey'...

... and don't you agree that pictures, especially the 'travel pictures', are always fun to watch;o)

CWD block 28. Lincoln's Telegraph

Let's take a breath on Saturday, a new CWD block will come on Sunday
 - Battle of Springfield -
Uuuh... sounds serious... I thought today's block was a one kind of battle...

See you on Sunday!

2 kommenttia:

Tiinatei kirjoitti...

On siulla ollut reissu! Mutta lopputulos on hieno ja tuo Abe ihan nappijuttu! Minusta ruskean ja sinisen yhdistelmä on tosi mielenkiintoinen, ja sinulla se on onnistunut. Millainenhan se mitta on, jolla noita 11/16 tuumia mitataan? ;)


Cattinka kirjoitti...

You found the perfect center for this block.
KATRIN W.