Tietoja minusta

Oma kuva
Enjoy this moment, share quilttales with me

keskiviikko 22. lokakuuta 2014

CWD: Robbers

Eldress Nancy Elle Moore wrote about robbers in her diary 151 years ago.

Today I sewed Robbers block and I also wrote down some cutting instructions.

CUT...
A: 2 yellow and 2 green 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" squares
B: 2 yellow and 2 green 1 5/8 " x 1 5/8" squares. Cut the squares in half diagonally once to make 4 yellow and 4 green triangles.
C: 2 cream 2 3/8" x 2 3/8" squares. Cut the squares in half diagonally to make 4 cream triangles.
D: 2 orange 3" x 3" squares. Cut the squares in half diagonally to make 4 orange triangles.
E: 4 orange 2" x 2" squares. Draw a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of the squares.
F: 4 green 2" x 3 1/2" rectangles.

And I took some photos during the sewing... 

Robbers block is the last Civil War Diary block, which I'm able to sew on the same date as the notes has been written.
Why? Because there is only seven September notes and one postwar reminiscence left.
I'm a bit disappointed, because I was SO lazy in last month, but I don't want to wait another year that I have sewn all the blocks...
Besides I'm all too anxious to show you all 121 blocks finished before the end of this year!!!!!

Happy Days to You!!!!!

3 kommenttia:

Yvonne W kirjoitti...

That is a very unusual block-- have not seen that before. Your blocks are coming along well together.

Chantal kirjoitti...

I agree it is a very interesting block. Love the colours you've picked.

Cattinka kirjoitti...

Thats a nice block, and you really took the fear out of sewing it, by adding all the step by step pictures.
KATRIN W.